When you read a book, you want to be transported into another place, far away from the stressful and mundane everyday grind that we all have to endure. Sometimes, we want the trip to involve action and adventure. However there are times when we want the words on the page to jump off the page, softly brushing against our cheeks and slowly moving down the side of our neck and going lower and lower still until…
We’re talking of course about erotic fiction. These stories have recently been called “mommy porn” in the media, and derisively so. The truth is that stimulating the imagination is one of the most effective ways at stimulating the rest of the body as well. There’s nothing wrong with a book that gets the juices flowing.
The best part of reading these books in an electronic format is that nobody can see what book you’ve chosen, making the very act of embracing erotica a little bit more provocative and titillating.
If you’re not sure what titles to choose from, allow us to recommend some of the top 10 erotic fiction eBooks currently working their magic:
• 1. Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James: This is the “gold standard” by which all current erotica is being judged. It began as a “Twilight” fan fiction and transformed from vampires and werewolves into a trilogy following Anastasia Steele and the contract she is forced to sign with Christian Grey, a billionaire with a penchant for bondage and discipline. Expect to see the tale on the silver screen in the near future as a bidding war over the rights is in full swing. Once you’ve finished the first book, you may well want to dive back into this relationship in Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed.
• 2. Lace by Shirley Conran: Here we have a “Sex and the City” knockoff with far less of an emphasis on “the City.” A quartet of successful professional women is confronted by a young woman named Lili who knows all of their secrets. What ensues is a globetrotting adventure full of lurid liaisons as the mystery over which one of these women is Lili’s mother unravels. Once you’ve caught your breath, you can move on to “Lace 2″ where the search for the true identity of Lili’s father leads to even more steamy action between the sheets.
• 3. Wicked Pleasure by Lora Leigh: Protagonist Jaci has a secret past. Seven years ago, she fell in love with a man only to discover that he had an identical twin brother. After doubling her pleasure, she decided to leave them both behind. Unfortunately, life has a cruel sense of humor and a new job soon reunites Jaci with the twins, who have every intention of rekindling their threesome. This volume of Lora Leigh’s “Bound Hearts” series is sure to lure you and make you hungry to go back and read the whole set of books from the beginning.
• 4.Bared to You by Sylvia Day: New York is the backdrop for an adventure with Gideon. He’s the most eligible bachelor in town and the author isn’t shy about following his exploits from bed to bed and other surfaces as well. When Eva, who comes to the Big Apple from San Diego meets this Mr. Wonderful, she never even had a chance.
• 5. Scruples by Judith Krantz: Let’s go old school. Originally published in the 1970s, this story of the glitz and glamour of Beverly Hills set in a pre-AIDS America is full of random encounters where one thing leads to another and then another. You know what we’re talking about. While some of the story may seem a bit dated, the descriptive sex scenes certainly stand the test of time.
• 6. The Principal’s Office by Jasmine Hayes: When a divorced mother of two boys sets out to find herself a man for a little extra-curricular action, she had no idea she’d stumble across Rand. When he turns out to be the new principal of the school her sons are attending, she soon realizes that she is a lot more bound to this no-strings attached relationship than she had planned.
• 7. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire: Can a leopard truly change its spots? If it could, this story would be far less steamy. Abby seems to be a sweetheart, but lurking beneath the “good girl” act is a dark past. Travis never met a tattoo artist he didn’t like. He’s the ultimate “bad boy” and when he sets his sights on what he believes to be a naïve target, he is in for quite the rude awakening.
• 8. Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens: They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. While that may be true, it also provides an opportunity for an illicit rendezvous with forbidden fruit. After Kiera and Denny move to a new city and find themselves too busy to see each other as often as they used to, cracks in their relationship begin to show. That’s when rock musician Kellan enters the picture just in time to cure Kiera’s loneliness.
• 9. Wicked Burn by Beth Kery: Did you ever fantasize about the neighbor who lives across the hall, just out of reach behind that locked door? Vic Savian certainly did and lived for the brief moments when his eyes locked with Niall. While an elevator ride together was the closest he ever got to physical contact with her, all that changes one night when an argument outside his door causes him to spring into action. What happens next leaves little to the imagination.
• 10. Sweet Surrender by Maya Banks: A Dallas cop out for justice after his partner’s murder encounters a beautiful temptress while he works undercover in a new identity. Although Faith might well be someone he shouldn’t trust, Gray can’t help but be attracted to her. Will this game of cat and mouse lead to a break in the case, or simply to Faith’s boudoir? What will happen when all the cards are laid on the table and both of their true motives are revealed?